Welcome to the hub of all things N.S.M.A
- Great news! As of Monday November 12th 2018 we will be starting our after school kickboxing programs. We will be working with the students at Redwood Primary School in Sinfin Derby to give them the opportunity to explore the world of martial arts and take part in their very own kickboxing classes. It promises to be an amazing project and we hope everyone involved has a lot of fun!
- .On the 2nd Of December this year one of N.S.M.A and Long Eaton Kickboxing's finest new warriors goes to battle in Matlock! Competing for the first time under amateur k1 rules Miss Mandy Ward will proudly step into the ring against Miss Naomi Helliwell who represents Ok Corall Gym in Blackburn. Mandy has trained furiously for what promises to be an intense battle between two very eager fighters. We wish her all the best and are confident she return with the win and her hand raised!
- N.S.M.A is proud to announce that as of January 2018 we will be offering all new classes to our students! Another adults class on the Tuesday evenings at the pavilion in Mickleover, the all new children's classes on a Saturday at Bramblebrook community centre. See class pages for more information.
- It is with great pride and happiness that N.S.M.A can confirm that the first wave of adult students will be attending the red belt grading early in January 2018. Josh Camm, Paul Keward, Mandy Ward and Dan Simpson have an exceptional standard and I am certain that their campaign for this belt will be a success!
- The children's classes are proving to be a great success with some excellent young martial artists. The red belt selections will be coming soon and the grading will be taking place in around 6-8 weeks time in Long Eaton! N.S.M.A is very excited about the level on display from our younger students and we are truly honoured to get to experience the growth of you all on your journey. Now is the time to push even harder and be mindful to become even sharper and hone your techniques and skill.
- We would also like to welcome two of Long Eaton Kickboxing's most promising new fighters to N.S.M.A. Kia and James are students of Paul Keward ( Head Coach of Long Eaton Kickboxing) who is also himself a student at N.S.M.A. they are currently undergoing intense fight preparation under Paul's watchful eye for their first competitions under K1 rules later this year. This is always a very magical process whereas the students who complete these training camps increase their skill and ability by quite incredible amounts. Please keep a watchful eye on this page, as a week by week fight documentary from Long Eaton regarding these two fighters and their efforts will be available for you all to watch and follow! I will post a link to the documentary as I have it.
- On September the 9th 2018 the next wave of young N.S.M.A students will make their campaign towards the next belt in the syllabus. Some will be aiming to progress to Red from White and our four original Red belts will be aiming for the yellow belt standard. Also our new wave of adult students will begin their campaign for Red belt success also! We are very confident that all of our students will be very successful with the highest standards on display!
- We would like to congratulate all of our students on the success of their recent belt promotions! Ben Wilkinson, Asal Karimi, Connie Beck, Henry Arnold, Paul Keward, Marian Wilkinson, Kyle Sutherland and Dan Simpson all were fantastic! the adults completed a blistering 2.5 hour grading exam for their first red belt and the children all performed wonderfully in their successful campaign for their yellow belts. As an instructor i take great pride in the standards of students we produce at N.S.M.A and the level on display was outstanding to say the least. Really well done to everyone!
- Great news as N.S.M.A have now opened a Pad-Fit class on Sunday mornings at our home of Mickleover Pavilion on Vicarage Road. Classes run from 8am-9am and begin from October 21st. They are suitable for anyone looking to get fitter, lose weight, tone up or just get some extra training time in. We are confident these classes will be a great success and we are very excited to meet new people and help them achieve their goals!